Monday, July 27, 2015

Good Deeds & "Made It Monday" (July 27th)


Linking up again with 4th Grade Frolics for "Monday Made It"!



Okay...technically nothing was "made" per se....except maybe the day of a few kindergarten teachers!

While reading Doodle Bugs Teaching 's "5 for Friday" from July 17th, I came across her google doc to donate books to a school in Mississippi that was burned down on July 10th. Ta-Da! Good deed done! I was able to donate a few copies of my very favorite beginning of the year read, First Day Jitters. Follow the link above if you'd like to donate as well!


Amazon, I love you. Thank you for making it easy to purchase and ship wherever I want. :)


Moving on...I have started a new classroom beast. Brag tags. I've always seen them, but in a class of 28 first graders, it was too overwhelming for me....

 This year I will be teaching ESL, small groups of 10 is much easier to manage for me so I'm tailor-making them to fit my ESL needs. 

Here are a few of the "fun" tags I've made. The remaining ones will be tied to language goals somehow. I'm still brainstorming. I can also see where these become very addictive...





Lastly, a nice little "thank you" to Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin' for her Harry Potter labels! I'm so excited to use them in my ESL room. The possibilities are endless!

Talk soon,

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow...thanks for the shout-out! You are so sweet! Thank you for sharing about the teachers needing books. I will definitely be checking out the spreadsheet. I can't even imagine. So sad!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete