Friday, August 1, 2014

August Currently and Back to School Thoughts


I can't believe I actually made it to "Currently" on the first day of the month! This might be a first for me!! I'm linking up with Farley at Oh Boy, 4th Grade to bring you some thoughts on this oh so wonderful "Back to School Month" Friday!


I'm feeling it...I'm feeling it...That familiar excitement for the return to a brand new school year. The end of last year was *rough* for me, make that ROUGH with all caps. I was losing my creativity and had no energy and didn't think summer break would ever be long enough. Now that I've moved classrooms and gotten a few new things made, I'm getting ready again! I think my favorite part of the beginning of the year is the shiny, brand new supplies, and the anticipation of the school year ahead. (It's always peaches and cream in the beginning isn't it?)

Anyways, enough rambling. Here is my currently! Can't wait to see what you all have for me to read!


Listening: to the soothing sounds of Roseanne on the Logo TV Network...ha! I love this show! Tuning out to some trashy TV is such a luxury after a day spent working and creating and thinking and thinking and thinking....and thinking.

Loving: I've made so many cute new things for my room this year. Continue to check back each Monday as I post my creations as my Monday Made it! Next week I'll show you how I'm handling shared/community supplies in my classroom for the first time ever! Eek!

Thinking: I can't stop thinking about planning and organization lately. It must be the pregnancy brain in me..."nesting" they call it? Can you "nest" in your own classroom???

Wanting: It's a Friday tradition in our home to make or buy pizza. We call it "Pizza Friday" and it's the one night a week I look forward to dinner because it's easy, yummy, and my husband can do it all on his own with minimal instruction from me!

Needing: More money is always a necessity. There are so many containers and things I've purchased for my classroom - but I'm pretty good with coupons, discounts, and gift cards. I NEED to get this room finished next week!

Talk soon,

10 comments:

  1. We have pizza on Fridays too!! Yippee! :) Best night ever! I can't wait to see your Monday Made Its!

    Sarah
    A Sunny Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay you not only made on the first day YOU ARE NUMBER ONE!!!! YIPPEE
    thanks so much for linking up and more money is always nice... Hubs budgets more money for B2S because he knows it requires more moola for me to get my classroom back in order!!!
    thanks again for linking up and CONGRATS on being number one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree- "nesting". That's the perfect way to describe it.
    ~Heather
    The Meek Moose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lady! You're #1! Or hashtag One as one of the kiddies would read it! Ha! Can't wait to see your adorable owl classroom!!!!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Pizza Friday. We did it sporadically last year, but this year my daughter is gluten free and we've discovered some great gluten free pizza places and last night I made our first homemade (from a mix) gluten free crust at home. So.... pizza Friday sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOO! That sounds like a plan! I understand how difficult it can be to work with allergies and gluten intolerance. We have a LOT of those in my family. Enjoy your pizza!!

      Delete