Saturday, November 2, 2013

Math games, Pumpkin Party & My November Currently!


This is a big one because I think I think I must have dropped off the Blogosphere for a bit in all the craziness that is October. It's my favorite time of year, my wedding anniversary, my favorite holiday, *and* (just to throw more into the mix and make myself nutty) this year I had a "Pumpkin Carving Party"!!! 

Today, I want to share a few pictures from my class. We are lucky enough to pre/post test for each concept in math so that students who need more assistance can receive it and those who need enrichment can receive that! Is it a pain in the behind?? WHY, YES IT IS! Is it worth it for the students? AN EVEN BIGGER *YES IT IS*! I'm still working on finding the best way to administer pre tests without over assessing students all the time....

Anyways, this concept allowed us to have our wonderful enrichment teacher come to each class to teach us some extension games going along with our unit on counting to 120. The students played games with cards, dice, and solved number puzzles. 

The card game consisted of students drawing 2 cards, making a number with the digits, then counting up 5 numbers from there.


The dice game consisted of students rolling two numbers, making a number with the digits, and counting *back* 5 numbers from there. (Whoa, tough!)


The puzzle page was a jumbled looking 120 board and students needed to find the missing numbers.


Next, here are some photos from our fabulous pumpkin party!

Snake calzone: 

Mummy hot dogs:

Zombie Eyeballs (meatballs/olives):

Deviled Egg Eyeballs:

SWEETS, SWEETS, & MORE SWEETS!!


Lastly, I'm sharing my November "Currently" and linking up with Farley over at Oh' Boy 4th Grade!


Listening: Ari Hest. He's my favorite artist of all time, and such a dreamboat!!! Check him out { here }! You won't regret it :)

Loving: Elle & K Boutique is super cute, affordable, and quality stuff! I now own 3 shift dresses, some boots, a beige blouse, and if I name any more pieces that I've purchased my husband will disown me...

Thinking: I need to plan our addition/subtraction unit. I will be searching the blogosphere for ideas this week!

Wanting: My shoulders are not the best so I need a new cross-body bag. Unfortunately, I can't find one that I like and is not $500. (It also needs to be bigger than teeny tiny.) Anyone have any ideas for me?

Needing: This was the craziest month of me, so I will now start relaxing and living in the present moment rather than 6 months ahead of myself like usual!

Yummy Pin: Warm, vegetarian chili from Kirsten's Recipes for cold November nights!

Talk soon,

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - I am totally going to hit that website next! Thanks for the fun tip! I always find really great cross body bag's at TJ Maxx & Marhsalls! Be patient...you'll find the perfect one! Thanks for sharing all of the excitement in your classroom this week!

    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip, Molly! I'll check it out!!

      Delete
  2. Your blog is adorable! I love the fall colors and papers. Those deviled eggs are amazing, storing that one away for next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I *love* fall!!! The eggs were SUPER easy to make! Enjoy!

      Delete
  3. Love the Pumpkin party food....I got a cross body at JCP that I love.....also Thirty one has a couple that my coworkers love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pumpkin carving party! You're making me jealous!!! AND how dare you get me addicted to another shopping site...you're so dangerous Miss Emily...
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Online boutiques are *WICKED*. I just love them so much!!

      Delete