Friday, November 22, 2013

{ Five for Friday }: Thanksgiving and Holiday Mail for Heroes!


I'm finally back for another "Five for Friday" linky with Doodle Bugs Teaching!!


We've been super duper busy this week learning addition and subtraction strategies, crafting for Thanksgiving, and getting ready for conferences (okay, just me on that last one!).

1
Doubles Addition: I taught them the "Doubles Rap" and we made double scoop ice cream cones. They came up with some creative ideas for decorating their cones as well!



2
Two of my firsties showed up dressed like turtles this week. Love it! They didn't make these cool clothes when I was little!!!


3
My parents wedding song is "Colour My World" by Chicago. When my student showed up in this adorable tee I just had to snap a pic and send it along to my mom! 


4
Learning about the Wampanoag tribe and the first thanksgiving was a treat this week. We read Turkey Trouble and disguised our own turkeys in a class book. We also did a very complicated (but well worth the effort) and informational project related to the Wampanoags. I learned a lot about this interesting, peaceful group of people this week! It's always fun to have that teachable moment when I say to my class, "hmm...I didn't know that! I just got smarter!" so they see that we are all life-long learners.


I love Scholastic News!!!!

Our own version of Turkey Trouble that I will put outside of my classroom during conferences next week!

Disguise: A Rock Star
Reward: Popcorn

Disguise: A Unicorn
Reward: Stickers and a prize

5
Holiday Mail for Heroes: We designed holiday pictures to send to our wonderful servicemen and servicewomen overseas! This is sponsored by the Red Cross. If you want your class to participate, 
{ here } is the link! (The letters are due to the P.O. box no later than December 6th.)



Talk soon,

No comments:

Post a Comment