Monday, August 12, 2013

Made It Monday - August 12, 2013

Linking up with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics for today's Made It Monday linky party again!


My first project this week was to make my frame for my students' first day of school photos. In the past I've just taken a regular photo to use for things throughout the year, but this year I'm going to do a first and last day picture to compare at the end of the school year, along with a writing sample. It's always amazing how much my firsties grow during the year.  I made this frame for less that $15 from things found at Michael's.


My next "made it" is the wall outside my classroom! I share this small space with my teacher neighbor, so this year we decided to make it easy on ourselves and keep one board up to display different student work all year long! The sign says "Great Work Hangs Out Here" and there will be a clothespin for each student in our classes. I used some 3M Command Strips and parachute rope from Michael's.


Lastly, I made this frame for my friend, Michelle, who will be getting married in October! We celebrated her bridal shower last weekend and I was *super* excited to give this to her! She loved it!


Back to the school grind!
Talk soon!

4 comments:

  1. Everything is precious! I totally love that frame!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily
    Your frame is so bright and happy looking! I love it! Have a great week!

    Laura ~ First Grade Spies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura - Thanks for the sweet comment! I have been playing around with PowerPoint (inspired by you!), so thank you so much! - Emily

      Delete