Monday, July 8, 2013

Liebster Award Nominated! Woo hoo!!!!

Sooooo....I spent my weekend in Denver, Colorado for a family wedding. After a long week in a technology class and consequently neglecting my blog, oops, I was so surprised to find that my blog was nominated for an award! My friend, and fellow blogger, Erin at The Short and Sassy Teacher has been such an inspiration to me to get blogging! My main goal this summer has been to learn how to blog and gain some followers. This will hopefully help get that momentum up! So, thanks, Erin! 

Here are the rules for the award:
1. Link back to the blog that nominated me.
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator.
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
6. Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them.

Blogs I'm Nominating:
1. Style Closet to Classroom - super cute teaching tools!
2. Musings from the Foreign Teacher - an American teacher in England!
3. The Traveling Teacher - yummy treat ideas! 
4. 4Mula Fun (of course this had to be #4!!)
5. Senorita Creativa - because anything fun to say is worth following!

My questions from Erin:
1. What is YOUR favorite subject to teach?
I can't get enough of science. My mom is a scientist and I LOVE watching students' faces as they create and explore!
2. What is your favorite book to read to your class?
THERE ARE SO MANY!!! But I love reading You Are Special by Max Lucado. It helps students to understand that we are all our own person and there is always someone that loves us for who we are.
3. What is the one thing in your classroom you could not live without?
My super comfy glider that my great grandfather had in his home in Michigan while I was growing up. It's so worn and special and my students LOVE to take turns in the "teacher chair" when they are the student of the week!
4. Coke or Pepsi??
Coke please!
5. What is the last thing you purchased?
A bottle of water at the Denver International Airport yesterday!
6. What is your favorite memory from the summer of 2013 so far?
Meeting with my first grade team to plan our new reading curriculum for next year. I love entertaining people at my home. It was so relaxed and enjoyable!
7. What are you most looking forward to this next school year?
I'm currently finishing my last ESL Endorsement class so I'm looking forward to working more with the ELLs...and of course the pay bump! Duh!
8. If you could have a shopping spree at any store, where would you go?
Nordstrom!!!
9. What is the food you most often crave?
Cheese. I love cheese.
10. Where is your ideal vacation spot?
London, England has been my favorite country I've visited, and I'm dying to see Ireland, but I'm much more of a homebody. I'd like to lay around the house with my husband and kitties. 
11. What are some of your favorite blogs you look forward to reading?
My favorite for a couple of years now is The First Grade Parade. My next favorite is A Cupcake for the Teacher. My *newest* favorite is my friend Erin at The Short and Sassy Teacher. Her humor and creative ideas just keep me motivated and wanting to do more!

11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I have a Harry Potter tattoo on the back of my right shoulder.
2. My mom is my hero...along with Jane Addams.
3. My favorite food is grilled cheese.
4. I love spending time with my husband.
5. I have two cats named Draco and Ginny.
6. I LOVE to read! I am currently working on 3 novels....Sin in the Second City by Karen Abbott, Let Me Tell You Something by Caroline Manzo, and L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad.
7. Not only do I love trash books, I'm also a sucker for trash television - mainly The Real Housewives. 
8. I'm a vegetarian. No food with a face as Pheobe from Friends would say.
9. My house is 94 years old!
10. I love playing hostess. I like to make fancy schmancy cocktails and appetizers for my guests.
11.  I have been teaching for 6 years in 3 different grades (full day kindergarten, third grade, first grade) all in the same district! First grade is my passion and my forever home now!

11 Questions for the People I Nominated:
1. Are you a "stay at school late" or "arrive at school early" kind of teacher?
2. What is the "theme" in your classroom?
3. What is one big thing you are going to change in your classroom for the fall?
4. What is one organization tip you can give to other teachers?
5. Cats or dogs?
6. What is your favorite movie?
7. What is your favorite book or novel to read to your class?
8. If you could have one superpower....what would it be?
9. Why did you choose that superpower?
10. Do you speak another language other than English?
11. What is your main reason that you started a blog?

That's it for now! Check back for my Monday Made It linky party with 4th Grade Frolics later this afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment