Monday, July 29, 2013

Monday Made It 7/29/13 - Guided Reading Bins and a *Freebie*!!!

It's Monday Made It with 4th Grade Frolics!! And.....It's time for me to start thinking about my classroom again! Not that I haven't been doing so ALL SUMMER LONG!!! 


Anyways....I have been trying to figure out the most efficient way of storing and organizing my guided reading materials. It always seems to get out of hand with papers ALL OVER the place.

This week I was driving past my favorite, The Container Store, and saw that the "Happy Organized Home Sale" had begun. So, I went in to look around and purchased two open file boxes for hanging files...for only $4.99 each! Deal! I decided this was a great tool for guided reading books and just *had* to personalized them! 


My theme from my old third grade classroom was "Harry Potter" so I changed it to "Owls" for my first grade classroom so I can still use all of my HP stuff.



Here are the labels. You can download them for *free* in my TpT store if you'd like to have them for your own bins!



I can't wait to be inspired to set things up in my room and get loads of ideas from everyone. Good luck with your own classrooms!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Container Store! It is a very dangerous place for me. Your guided reading bins turned out great and the labels are adorable!
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Container Store is *very* dangerous, I agree! I just can't say "no" to a sale! :)

      Delete
  2. Great idea!
    http://1stgradeowls.blogspot.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/1stGradeOwls

    ReplyDelete