Monday, July 15, 2013

Made It Monday 7/15/13

Linking up again this week with 4th Grade Frolics to present my newest "Made it Monday" project! 


Due to the fact that it's not wedding season...making it also engagement season....I've been working on a few special projects for my friends!! 

One of my best friends from high school was proposed to just this past June! She announced the same day that we were getting together the next evening to celebrate. TALK ABOUT PRESSURE! I immediately turned my attention to Pinterest to come up with some super cute engagement gift ideas. Here's what I came up with....

A little something to remember the special day when he popped the question! 

Here's what you'll need:
1. A frame (I used a black frame that fits an 8" x 10" photo)
2. Cardstock (I used black, white, and brown)
3. Ruler
4. Paper slicer and scissors
5. Pencil
6. Glitter
7. Computer and printer

Here are the steps I took to create this frame:

1. Trace or draw a man on one knee and a woman accepting the ring. Cut them both out.



2. Chop some card stock to the size you'd like for the names/lettering. Using the computer, type both names and the date in the appropriate sizes. Print!


3. Paste the lettering and the people to the background paper. I used photo squares to stick them on so it wouldn't be "puffy" or wrinkled on the background paper. Then, cut out the diamond ring and glitter that baby up!




*I originally thought I'd use blue background but changed my mind and used black!*



4. After the glitter dries, frame it and voila!



It was super easy, was full of thought for the couple, and was really a big hit at the party! She displayed it in the center of other various gifts. 

This is going to be my last Made it Monday dealing with "non-school" items for a while. I need to start working on my classroom again soon! I'm coming up with plenty of new "magical" ideas for my Harry Potter themed classroom this year. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. That is adorable! I bet she was very touched by your creativity and the time you spent making something special for them!
    Meghan
    First Grade Hugs and High Fives

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I'm jealous of your sketching abilities.
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is fabulous! I'm sure she loved the personal gift.

    Heather
    room 4 imagination

    ReplyDelete