Monday, June 24, 2013

Monday Made It June 24, 2013

Here we go with the main goal this week - get the blog out there...wherever "there" is.... and get some followers! So I'm linking up with 4th Grade Frolics to present my "Monday Made It"


I did this a couple of weeks ago, as inspired on Pinterest, for Father's Day. However, this is so super cute that it can be done for any holiday, birthday, etc. I love a good beer once in a while, but sometimes you just gotta have CANDY!!!!!! So here's my candy six-pack to cheer up my crabby dad:

Get your self an empty six-pack container. Use construction paper (I used card stock) to measure and cut pieces for all 4 sides. 

Don't forget to cut some paper for the handles at the top. I suppose you could glue the paper on, but I used transparent tape. It was just easier and quicker for me.

Decorate the outside to suit your event.

Get yourself 6 bottles (I liked the look of the clear ones to make the candy stand out), and cover the labels with paper. Next time I do this, I'll buy some cute scrapbook characters/stickers to go on the bottles.

This is where it got a little tricky....Filling up a bottle with candy is not the simplest of tasks. I used a funnel, which got clogged with candy most of the time. Also, depending on the size of your candy - you'll need more of some and less of others. Here's what I bought in little boxes at Walgreens: 
Sugar Babies - 2 boxes
Snow Caps - 2 boxes (*should* have purchased 3 boxes!)
Boston Baked Beans - 3 boxes
Mike and Ikes - 2 boxes (*should* have purchased 3 boxes!)
Trail Mix - 2 small packages
Pistachios - 1 small package

To get the caps back on, I taped over the opening with transparent tape (to make sure the candy didn't get icky) and simply placed the cap on top. Obviously it didn't fit perfectly but it looked great!

Add a list to the side to let your recipient know what's included in your candy six-pack and voila! 


3 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Goodnes.. This is too cute! So creative! I love the bow tie! It looks like it wasn't a project that took up a crazy amount of time, that is always a plus, especially with little ones around!

    I love the background of your blog. It is adorable!

    Lil Bit Country In the Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't take long at all! An hour tops. I will for sure be making these in the future. I'm going to try to figure out what else I can squeeze into a bottle! :-P Thanks for the comment! Be sure to follow my blog!!

      Delete
  2. Love it! I'm brainstorming all sorts of different versions you could make with this. Perhaps a great host/hostess gift....
    Thanks for sharing!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete