Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Books for the First Week of School

I'm so excited to take part in this linky party!


I'm obsessed with children's literature and have even been working on writing my own children's books...someday! Anyways, here are some of my faves for the first week of school.


This one is a little obvious! I always read it. Students are *ALWAYS* surprised with the twist at the end! Then, we make our own class book about the "jitters" they feel on the first day. I keep the book in my class library for students to read all year. At the end of the year, we go through it again to see how much they've grown and then I raffle it off to a lucky student!


This is a great one for teaching the school/class rules the first week. This year we even made this cute David project where we wrote some general school rules.




Another fantastic read for the first day of school. This year, I may record myself reading this book and post it online at my class website for my incoming students to listen to before school starts. Then, I'll ask them to share their thoughts and what they did the night before first grade once they get to the class! 

Now to go browse what you all have posted! So excited!!!



4 comments:

  1. That little David is SUPER cute! I'm loving your idea of posting yourself reading a picture book before school starts!

    Erin
    http://toristeachertips.blogspot.com/2013/06/bloglovin-blog-hop-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. David is so great - hilarious and fantastic for teaching rules!

    Love to Learn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choices for the first week!! Thanks for linking up!! :)

    ღDeAnne
    First Grade and Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I nominated your blog for an award! Check out my page for info!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete